Fall is finally here! Who isn’t excited for pumpkin everything? Well, I know a couple of people, but they don’t count. 😛 The weather in late September can be so crazy, right? One day it is rainy and barely 65, the next it is nearly 80 and the sun is shining gloriously through the sparse, fluffy white clouds. This bipolar weather has me craving the warm spices that scream ‘fall’, but with a light and refreshing flair. The only reasonable approach in this situation is the churn up some ice cream.
The pumpkin in this ice cream is noticeable, but delicate. I wanted to make sure it was not overpowering or bitter, as some canned pumpkin puree can be. The sweetened condensed milk helps create a silky, creamy texture that is unmatched by other sweeteners. Likely the best part of all, the pumpkin pie spices: cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg, and allspice, that are warming to the soul and feel like home. This delicious spice flecked ice cream is sure to satisfy your pumpkin craving. Just be sure to save some for me!
**Garnish with crushed ginger snaps or crushed Biscoff cookies
**Making your own pumpkin pie spice is easy. Check out my recipe here.
- 1c whole milk
- 1½c heavy cream
- 1½tsp vanilla extract
- 1, 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1c pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ⅛ tsp fine salt
- In a large bowl, add all ingredients, whisk until well combined and lump free.
- Add to the bowl of an ice cream maker.
- Churn for 20-25 minutes or follow manufacturers churn time.
- Once the mixture has finished churning, transfer to a freezer safe container and allow to firm up for at least 3 hours.